Think I’m going to move all my Personal sites over to K3s. Rolling deploys and Rollbacks are just better with Kubernetes than the symlink craziness you have to do when not using Containers. Works great on Homelab. Now to get k3s set up on a VM.
Merry Litmas! 🎄💥 This holiday season is gonna be straight fire, no cap. Just like my epic gaming sessions, I'm wishing you unlimited loot and zero lag in all your festive quests.
Remember, don't just camp under the Christmas tree, go full beast mode on those presents! And keep your holiday spirits higher than my Fortnite kill count. Let's make this Christmas more legendary than a rare drop in [insert popular game].
Stay frosty and may your WiFi be as strong as your coffee. Let's catch up for a gaming sesh over the hols – maybe I'll even let you win for once. 😉
Peace, love, and GGs,
P.S. Santa better not nerf my gifts this year. 🎮🎁
In the whirl of life's unceasing dance,
Where everything shifts in a glance,
Though change happens like the tide,
Be like the dude who abides
It took 20 versions for NodeJS to support ENVs, but here we are. Welcome to the future. 🎉🤡
Anyone use Photomator a lot? Nice on mobile? Still useful on desktop? I love Pixelmator pro. Saw Photomator come up on the App Store awards. @maique
3 new Want to Reads:
- The Immortal King Rao by Vauhini Vara 📚
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Walter Isaacson 📚
- This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race by Nicole Perlroth 📚
Excited to share my first Rust crate: pkglock 🚀
pkglock is a CLI tool that automates the process of switching URLs in your package-lock.json. Tailored to ease the management of local and remote npm registries, it stands out as a handy utility for developers.
Key Features: Configurable: Set up and switch between local and remote URLs effortlessly. Command-Line Support: Execute with various options straight from the command line.
I rewrote it in rust to avoid having to transpile JS in order to support CommonJS and ESM.
Woke up in a panic, thinking it was Wednesday. Turned out to be, in fact, the Weekend.
Hello Everyone! 🚀 I’m thrilled to say that I published my first npm package: Pkglock.
I made it to solve some minor inconveniences that developers might face.
While working with npm packages, I found Verdaccio to be quite helpful. It’s a private npm proxy registry allowing for local caching of npm packages, substantially speeding up the npm installation process. However, the use of Verdaccio introduced a slight hiccup in collaboration. Since it relies on a local cache, the resulting package-lock.json file makes collaboration challenging, as not everyone has access to my private, local cache.
pkglock: A Simple Solution
Enter "pkglock". It’s a simple tool, nothing flashy, just a practical utility that addresses this issue by making it easier to switch between the public npm registry and a local cached npm registry. It’s about smoothing out the development workflow, ensuring that you can collaborate with others efficiently despite using a local cache like Verdaccio.
I’ll be writing a more detailed post on Medium soon, delving into the specifics, so keep an eye out for that if you’re interested in learning more.
Until then, Happy Coding! 🚀👨💻🚀
Programmers: Dracula theme + JetBrains Mono = ✅
Embrace the mystery of each new day 🌅. Consider this: Could there be a grand deceiver as there could be a grand designer? Science has unveiled many secrets of the universe 🌌, but could reality be altered based on our expectations? 💭
Finished! Awaiting the results. Working on my first NPM module.
Here Are 50 movies from Animation to Anime.
Animation has the power to breathe life into our wildest dreams and fantasies. From the heartwarming tales of friendship and adventure to the intricate narratives of anime, this collection of 50 films represents the pinnacle of animated storytelling. Dive into a universe where colors, sounds, and emotions blend seamlessly, and let these movies whisk you away on a journey of wonder and nostalgia.
For children aged 5 to 10, every day is an adventure waiting to unfold. This is the age of first friendships, learning to read and write, and discovering the world in all its wonder. Animated movies that cater to school-age children often capture the essence of these formative years. They provide tales of bravery, friendship, and the magic of believing in oneself. Whether it’s a story about a young hero embarking on a quest or a tale of friendship that transcends boundaries, these films offer entertainment and gentle lessons that stay with them as they grow.
- Kung Fu Panda - Join Po, the unlikely hero, as he discovers his destiny to become the Dragon Warrior. TMBD, Likewise
- Despicable Me - Watch the journey of Gru, a supervillain who adopts three young girls and changes for the better. TMBD, Likewise
- My Little Pony: The Movie - Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they embark on an adventure to save Equestria. TMBD, Likewise
- Finding Nemo - Dive into the underwater world as Marlin and Dory search for Marlin’s missing son, Nemo. TMBD, Likewise
- Frozen - Experience the bond of two royal sisters, Anna and Elsa, as they save their kingdom of Arendelle. TMBD, Likewise
- Tangled - Follow Rapunzel’s journey outside the tower, accompanied by the charming Flynn Rider. TMBD, Likewise
- Toy Story - Dive into a world where toys come to life when humans aren’t looking. TMBD, Likewise
- Moana - Embark on an oceanic journey with Moana to restore the heart of Te Fiti. TMBD, Likewise
- Cars - Join Lightning McQueen as he discovers the value of friendship in the small town of Radiator Springs. TMBD, Likewise
- The Lion King - Witness the epic tale of young Simba’s journey to reclaim Pride Rock. TMBD, Likewise
- Shrek - Enjoy the adventures of Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey in a fairy tale world turned upside down. TMBD, Likewise
- Madagascar - Follow four zoo animals as they get a taste of the wild after being stranded on an island. TMBD, Likewise
- The Incredibles - Meet a family of superheroes trying to live a normal life. TMBD, Likewise
- Ratatouille - Relish the culinary journey of Remy, a rat who dreams of becoming a chef. TMBD, Likewise
- Brave - Discover the story of Merida, a princess who defies tradition and carves her own path. TMBD, Likewise
- Zootopia - Dive into a city where predator and prey live in harmony, and uncover a mystery with Officer Judy Hopps. TMBD, Likewise
- How to Train Your Dragon - Join Hiccup and Toothless in their adventures in a world of Vikings and dragons. TMBD, Likewise
- The Little Mermaid - Dive under the sea with Ariel, a mermaid who longs for a life on land. TMBD, Likewise
- Mulan - Journey with Mulan as she disguises herself as a man to save her father. TMBD, Likewise
- Pocahontas - Explore the story of Pocahontas and her encounter with settler John Smith. TMBD, Likewise
- Rio - Soar with Blu, a domesticated macaw, as he discovers the wilds of Rio de Janeiro. TMBD, Likewise
- Over the Hedge - Dive into suburban life with a group of forest animals. TMBD, Likewise
- Megamind - Revel in the tale of a supervillain who finds a new purpose after defeating his nemesis. TMBD, Likewise
- WALL-E - Journey with WALL-E, a lonely robot, as he discovers love and the importance of saving Earth. TMBD
- The Princess and the Frog - Embark on a magical journey in New Orleans with Tiana and Prince Naveen. TMBD, Likewise
Anime (Japanese Animation)
- My Neighbor Totoro - Explore the countryside with two young sisters and their magical friend Totoro. TMBD | Likewise
- Kiki’s Delivery Service - Follow Kiki, a young witch, as she starts her own delivery business in a new town. TMBD | Likewise
- Ponyo - Dive into the story of a fish-girl who wants to become human after befriending a young boy. TMBD | Likewise
- The Secret World of Arrietty - Unveil the lives of tiny people living secretly in human homes. TMBD | Likewise
- Doraemon: Nobita’s Dinosaur - Join Nobita and his robotic cat, Doraemon, on an adventure back in time. TMBD | Likewise
- Spirited Away - Join Chihiro as she navigates a world of spirits after her parents are turned into pigs. TMBD | Likewise
- Whisper of the Heart - Explore the world of young love and artistic inspiration. TMBD | Likewise
- The Cat Returns - Delve into a feline world after a girl saves a mysterious cat. TMBD | Likewise
- Castle in the Sky - Embark on a skyward adventure to find a legendary floating castle. TMBD | Likewise
- Summer Wars - Dive into a digital world where a young math prodigy must save the day. TMBD | Likewise
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Discover the consequences of time travel with a girl who gains this mysterious power. TMBD | Likewise
- Wolf Children - Witness the lives of two children born from the union of a human and a wolf. TMBD | Likewise
- A Silent Voice - Unfold the story of redemption and friendship between a deaf girl and her former bully. TMBD | Likewise
- Mary and the Witch’s Flower - Venture with Mary into a school for witches after finding a mysterious flower. TMBD | Likewise
- Detective Conan: The Time Bombed Skyscraper - Solve mysteries with the brilliant mind of a detective trapped in a child’s body. TMBD | Likewise
- Crayon Shin-chan: Action Mask vs. Leotard Devil - Enjoy the antics of a mischievous boy and his alter ego superhero. TMBD | Likewise
- Lu Over the Wall - Delight in the story of a young boy’s encounter with a mermaid. TMBD | Likewise
- Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Relive childhood memories with a group of friends haunted by a past incident. TMBD | Likewise
- When Marnie Was There - Dive into a tale of friendship and memories between two young girls. TMBD | Likewise
- Your Name - Experience a tale of two teenagers who swap bodies and the mystery that binds them. TMBD | Likewise
- Weathering With You - Explore a rain-soaked Tokyo with a boy and a girl who can control the weather. TMBD | Likewise
- Pokémon: The First Movie - Join Ash and Pikachu in their adventure against the legendary Pokémon, Mewtwo. TMBD | Likewise
- Doraemon: Nobita and the Birth of Japan - Travel through time with Doraemon and friends. TMBD | Likewise
- Digimon Adventure: Our War Game! - Dive into the digital world with the DigiDestined as they battle a viral threat. TMBD | Likewise
TMDb, or The Movie Database, is a community-driven platform that offers a comprehensive database of movies, TV shows, and actors, much like IMDb. However, what sets TMDb apart is its emphasis on user participation. While IMDb is more industry-focused and includes professional credits, reviews, and box office data, TMDb encourages its users to contribute by adding and editing content, making it a more collaborative and dynamic resource for movie and TV enthusiasts.
Likewise, it is a user-friendly platform streamlining entertainment and media content discovery. With abundant streaming choices available today, Likewise offers tailored recommendations based on individual preferences. Users can receive and share their top picks, fostering a community of entertainment enthusiasts. Its blend of personalization and community-driven suggestions makes Likewise an essential tool for finding quality content efficiently.
🔥 Love my work? ☕ Show your support and fuel my creativity by buying me a coffee - LLBBL on Ko-Fi! 💫
(。U ω U。)
Linking to Playlists where possible.
- MFPallytime - Baldur’s Gate 3 - The Dark Urge FULL GAME Let’s Play / Walkthrough / Playthrough - YouTube
- FightinCowboy - Baldur’s Gate 3 Let’s Play - YouTube
- CohhCarnage - BALDUR’S GATE III Race And Class Breakdown (Sponsored by Larian Studios) - YouTube
- MadMorph - A cozy playthrough of Baldur’s Gate 3 (Full Game Walkthrough) - YouTube
- ChristopherOdd - The DARK URGE Consumes US - Baldur’s Gate 3 CO-OP FULL RELEASE Gameplay Part 1(Dragonborn Druid) - YouTube
- Quill18 - The Diplomatic Druid - Let’s Play Baldur’s Gate 3 - Ep 1 - YouTube
- HeyAmarii - Baldur’s Gate 3 Let’s Play Tactician Pt. 1 Parasites - YouTube
- Rurikhan - Baldur’s Gate 3: Going in Blind, No Metagaming, All Roleplay | Dwarven Bard | Part 1 - YouTube
- Telegram me Updates: LoganLand
🔥 Love my work? ☕ Show your support and fuel my creativity by buying me a coffee on Ko-Fi! 💫 Ko-fi.com - Your Ko-fi #SupportCreators
The Twitch app is Waaaaaaay better than Kick’s. It feels like maybe Native vs React native might be the difference? Anyone on here just do Mobile apps care to comment? 😁
How’s it going, my microblog friends? I hope you are having a good week. ❤️
In my recent experiences with Minecraft Bedrock, I've stumbled upon some fascinating aspects worth sharing. Minecraft Bedrock is the Java edition rewritten in C++ for those unfamiliar. It's compatible with more devices and offers a more significant draw distance than its Java counterpart.
Though beneficial in these aspects, Minecraft Bedrock must catch up regarding mod availability. Minecraft Java edition features various free mods accessible across multiple websites. Unfortunately, free mods for Minecraft Bedrock aren't as abundant, leading most users to source their mods from the in-game marketplace run by Mojang or Microsoft.
Downloading a mod from the marketplace is straightforward, enabling you to create a solo game on your device. This game is then open for others to join and play, an effortless process. However, things get complicated when you desire a modded Bedrock game that remains accessible to friends even when you're offline – a situation that calls for a server.
The primary issue here is that marketplace mods for Minecraft Bedrock primarily operate on servers owned by Microsoft or Mojang. There's scant information on how to work with these mods, with a few enlightening YouTube videos. Once downloaded from the marketplace using Windows 10, you find these mods on your C drive in a strangely named folder. The regular files for Minecraft mods are present, but opening them reveals they're encrypted.
This isn't about stealing mods, but the freedom to play with marketplace mods on Minecraft Bedrock servers that aren't owned by Microsoft or Mojang would be highly appreciated. To that end, I've posted an article on Medium discussing hosting your Minecraft Bedrock server using Docker.
Using a similar setup for a few months now, it works great. Hosting your Docker server locally on any home network computer allows friends to connect to your IP address and play together. The caveat is the lack of mods, but Minecraft remains an enjoyable experience, even unmodded.
As I journeyed further, I realized the desire to occasionally enjoy Minecraft with mods. Thus began the quest to create a modded Bedrock server, which turned out to be daunting.
In one of my attempts, I downloaded a unicorn ranch mashup template for my unicorn-enthusiast niece. We opted for a Microsoft server costing $4 a month that accommodates three people, which was perfect for our needs. However, the unicorn ranch mashup world tends to malfunction with new Minecraft versions.
Minecraft's mod workings remain a mystery to me. One would expect them to be backward or future-compatible. It's frustrating when minor version updates, from 1.20 to 1.20.10, cause massive disruptions. It could be clearer why minor changes in a point release would disrupt mods available on the marketplace.
Our unicorn ranch mashup server is unplayable on Xbox, though I can still enjoy it on the iPad. It would be beneficial if Microsoft could test these mods, considering they're available on their platform. Meanwhile, I'm considering seeking advice from Minecraft's discord server to find solutions.
Having played Minecraft regularly since version 1.18, my journey is still fresh. I hope the server issues resolve themselves so I can return to the Xbox version. The problem persists despite trying multiple fixes, downloading backups, playing with server settings, and ensuring all texture packs and behavioral mods are enabled and updated, the problem persists.
Minecraft is a game I love, but dealing with mods on Bedrock can be challenging. I can be patient and hope for the game or the mod to receive an update fixing these issues. Whether the problem lies with Minecraft on Xbox or the mod itself needs to be clarified.
This is a great quote.
The best way to end the war against the evil spreadsheets is to win it.
Suppose you frequently call services with automated phone menus (phone trees or Interactive Voice Response, IVR) and would like to skip these prompts to reach your desired service or person more quickly. In that case, you may add a certain pause or wait for characters in the phone number stored on your device. This will allow your phone to automatically dial extensions or menu options after connecting to the main number.
Here's how you can do it on both Android and iOS:
1. Open the Phone app and go to the Contacts tab.
2. Tap on the + button to add a new contact.
3. Type the main number in the phone number field.
4. Tap on the menu button (three vertical dots) at the top-right corner.
5. Select "Add pause" or "Add wait" from the menu that appears.
- A "Pause" inserts a 2-second delay before dialing the next digits. A comma usually represents this (,).
- A "Wait" inserts a delay until you press a key to proceed. A semicolon usually represents this (;).
6. Type the extension or menu numbers you want to be dialed automatically.
7. Finish adding the contact information and save the new contact.
1. Open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
2. Tap + to create a new contact.
3. In the phone number field, input the main number.
4. On the bottom-left of the keyboard, tap "+*#”.
5. Here, you can add a "Pause" or “Wait”.
- A "Pause" will add a comma (,) which is roughly a 2-second delay.
- A "Wait" will add a semicolon (;) which will pause dialing until you tap Dial.
6. After the pause or wait character, Input the extension or menu numbers.
7. Fill in the rest of the contact's details and tap Done.
**Example:** If you often call a customer service line at 123-456-7890 and need to press 2 for English and then 5 for customer service, you would save the number as follows:
- On Android with pauses: 1234567890,,2,,5
- On iOS with pauses: 1234567890,2,5
The number of commas or pauses can be adjusted based on the phone tree's timing. Some systems might require longer pauses.
Please note that effectiveness can vary depending on the specific phone system you are calling. Some systems may not respond correctly to quickly dialed numbers or might have random lengths of introductory messages.
3 VMs left on AWS, should get two done tonight. Have to figure out how and if I want the data from plausible.
Got the AWS account mostly cleaned up. My Mailcoach version didn’t support PHP 8.2 so had to ditch it after spending time migrating and getting it setup on the new server. Only Two VMSs on Vultr so far. The plausible server will be third. Will be fully migrated by the weekend.
Time to migrate off AWS. Looking at saving $100 a month and moving to Vultr.
A fun and interesting take on modern fantasy. Book 1/3. They all are out. I finished reading: The Awakening by Nora Roberts 📚last week.
A friend showed me this site; OMG, it’s great; the products are hilarious and awesome. www.pitviper.com